About Ficus Trees
Almost as well-known a tropical plant as orchids are, Ficus can be found in many homes. Commonly known as ficus, it has other names, including fig, weeping fig, Benjamin’s fig, fiddle-leaf fig, Indian rubber plant, common fig, Sycamore fig, etc.
It is also available as an artificial plant. Before we focus on Ficus, let us look at the…
Benefits of Artificial Plants
There are several reasons why people prefer artificial plants to real ones.
- The most obvious one is also the most important reason, i.e., low maintenance. Caring for an artificial plant is very easy, which makes them an ideal choice for people with busy schedules.
- The plants will keep your home looking vibrant and alive even if you don’t water them.
- If you want to make a room look different or give it a particular theme for the season or a holiday, then it is easier to do so with artificial plants.
- Moreover, it is equally easier to change back by switching the fake plant with one that matches the current theme.
- It is easy to store the artificial plant away in a cupboard until it is needed again.
- Since many artificial plants will also have wires running through them, you can move the branches and adjust them, depending on your needs and requirements.
Artificial Ficus Trees
An artificial ficus was one of the first artificial tress to be made. Artificial ficus trees were made from silk and is considered an accomplishment for the silk floral industry. Today, ficus remains one of the most popular choices for consumers who buy such plants.
Ficus is also preferred due to its being cheaper than the other varieties and it is also easier to keep clean. Due to advancements in the fake plants industry, Ficus leaves have a much improved texture now. The largest portion of the plants are constructed using silk for leaves and plastic for the branch and stem.
You can also buy different Ficus varieties, such as Nitida,Alii, Hawaiian, Benjamina, Weeping and Oriental Ficus. They are also available in leaves with solid green and variegated color and varying heights.
Care &Maintenance of Artificial Ficus Plants
If you own an artificial ficus, then you should think about giving it a bath about every 6 months to keep it clean.
If you are unsure how to manage the cleaning, here are some easy steps for you to follow:
- Carry the artificialficus plant to the bathroom floor.
- Next, fill your bathtub with enough warm water, about 4 inches should be sufficient.
- Now, add 3-4capfuls of a liquid, such as Snuggle or Downy and stir with a hand to mix it.
- Remove the stems of the focus and turn them upside down. Dip them in the water with a gentle swish to shake the dust off.
- Continue the swishing until you can see the stems getting their bright green color back.It can take about 10-15 seconds.
- Remove the stems and place them on a towel, leaving them there until dry.
- If you cannot remove the stems, then turn the whole pot upside down and get the leaveswet. Repeat the whole process for 15-20 seconds.
- Allow the plant to lean against a door or a wall until it is dry.
If you continue to care for and maintain your artificial Ficus plants this way, you will always come home to plants that are not just dust free but also give off a nice fresh smell. One cleaning session would mean that the smell will last for quite a while. Try it out!