The plumbing system is one of the parts of a home that people tend not to think about — that is, until it creates a problem. Admit it — it’s only when you need emergency plumbing repair that you begin to think about ways to prevent such stressful situations.
So to avoid the hassles of dealing with plumbing emergencies, you must invest in regular professional plumbing maintenance services from now on.
How Plumbing Maintenance Works
Professional, well-trained plumbers will go to your house and thoroughly inspect all your plumbing, both inside and out. This in-depth inspection will uncover any issues in your plumbing system, including ones that need immediate attention and those that must be checked regularly.
After that, the emergency plumbers will educate you about the different ways to maintain the health and functionality of your pipes. Also, they will perform all necessary repairs and replacements to make sure that your plumbing system stays in excellent working condition.
Once the work is done, you will be advised to schedule an annual inspection. This will ensure that there is no new damage and that the repairs and replacements are holding up.
4 Benefits of Regular Plumbing Maintenance
1. Protects your abode against the common plumbing problems
Investing in regular plumbing maintenance will prevent the occurrence of some, if not all, of the common plumbing problems. These include:
- Leaky Pipes and Tap – Most homeowners neglect small leaks, thinking that this is okay. But this can cause significant water damage over time. Also, this results in a waste of both water and money.
- Running Toilets – Jiggling the handle each time you flush can remedy the situation. But this is still running water, which does not just result in an increased water bill but also causes more complex problems when left unaddressed.
- Slow Drains – Dumping chemicals down your drains is not highly recommended. The best way to maintain the pipes is to get rid of the accumulated debris with the help of professional plumbers.
- Blockages in Septic Systems – Over time, your septic system or sewer main can incur blockages, which is a serious plumbing problem. So make sure that the tank is inspected and cleaned out and that the sewer is snaked regularly.
With regular plumbing maintenance performed by certified plumbers, these disasters will be prevented from happening. These pros will identify and treat problems before they become worse.
2. Improves indoor air quality
Continuous water leaks in your property can lead to the growth and spread of mould and mildew. And these fungi can greatly affect the quality of air indoors, leading to health issues among members of the household.
Professional plumbing maintenance will help you stay on top of all necessary plumbing repairs to discourage mould and mildew growth. In return, the quality of air indoors remains at a healthy level.
3. Saves you money
Rather than purchasing hazardous and costly chemical drain cleaners, paying high water bills or dealing with plumbing problems, investing in a regular plumbing maintenance service will save you thousands of dollars annually. This also prevents you from replacing your plumbing system often. In fact, this professional service can even expand the lifespan of your plumbing system.
Furthermore, it keeps the warranties on washing machines, water heaters, and other appliances intact. This means that if a problem arises, these appliances will be replaced under the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty.
4. Makes your life a lot easier
Cleaning a blocked drainage or toilet will not just test your patience but will also result in a huge mess, releasing foul odours and wastes. Regular plumbing maintenance will keep the drains, pipes, and toilets clear of debris and performing efficiently. Instead of dealing with plumbing issues, you can spend your time with your loved ones, do what you love most, or settle down easily after a move.
Home ownership involves a lot of responsibilities. One of these is to keep your plumbing system in good working condition at all times. Repairs and replacements can be stressful and expensive; as such, you need to invest in preventative plumbing maintenance on a regular basis.
Based in South Melbourne, Blue Diamond Plumbing was founded in 1985, working on new homes, repairs and commercial contracts. Over time they have grown to become some of the best plumbers Melbourne has to offer. Since 2001 the company has specialised in Emergency Plumbing and Property Maintenance, Repairs and Renovations for homes and businesses in Melbourne and inner city suburbs. Owner Rod Diamond has over 30 years experience with emergency plumbing in Melbourne’s inner suburbs.